Why Should I Use Perio Trays™ to Help Treat Gum Disease and Bad Breath?
4 Minute Read:
Dr. Benjamin S. Fiss is proud to offer Perio Trays™ to reduce and treat gum disease, improve bad breath, and improve your overall oral health. He often prescribes this treatment for patients with gingivitis or those who have had periodontal surgery to restore gum and underlying bone health (although this treatment can benefit all dental patients).
You may require a deep cleaning (scaling and root planing) before receiving the trays, depending on the condition of your gums. Perio Protect provides treatment and protection for all stages of gum disease and may be able to help you avoid more invasive surgical treatments.
What Contributes to Gum Disease and Bad Breath?
While there are many causes of both conditions, a common factor is biofilm that develops around the neck of the teeth and crevices of the tongue.
Biofilm develops in every mouth; however, it is lessened with good oral hygiene practices, like brushing, flossing, and rinsing. When this biofilm is not removed, it can turn into plaque and stick to the teeth, irritating the gums and worsening the breath.
What Is the Perio Trays™ Method?
If you have never heard of Perio Protect or Perio Trays™, then you don’t know about all the benefits this innovative new technique offers.
Some of the advantages of this gum disease treatment include the following:
- Simple, at-home technology – There has never been an easier way to improve your oral health this significantly at home. These trays deliver antimicrobial medication to the source of the infection.
- Effectiveness – The Perio Trays™ method is highly effective due to its convenience and ease of use.
- Custom-made – Perio Trays™ are custom-designed for your unique bite. They fit comfortably over your teeth and gums to deliver healing medicine deep below your gum line.
- Non-invasive and convenient – These easy-to-use trays are worn in the comfort of your own home according to your schedule. Wear the trays while watching TV, taking a shower, exercising, cooking, or pretty much any activity besides eating or drinking.
- Improved treatment results – For patients with mild to moderate cases of gum disease, Perio Trays™ is often the simple solution to restore health to your teeth and gums. In more severe cases of periodontal disease, surgery may still be necessary. However, additional treatment with Perio Protect can increase the quality of your results (and your lasting oral health) by preventing the recurrence of infection and controlling harmful oral bacteria.
How Perio Trays™ by Perio Protect Can Improve Your Overall Health
Oral bacteria is particularly harmful and can enter your body through even the tiniest cracks in your gums. When this happens, vital organs throughout your body can be adversely affected.
Systemic illness and inflammation caused by these pathogens can lead to or aggravate the following diseases or conditions:
- Heart disease – Gum disease can lead to atherosclerosis, chronic inflammation, stroke, blood clots, and heart disease.
- Lung disease – The same pathogens associated with gum disease have been found in the lung tissue of patients with respiratory illness.
- Diabetes – Diabetic patients who receive gum disease treatment have reported lower long-term blood sugar than those with existing gum disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease – In university studies, when oral bacteria are injected into brain cultures, beta-amyloid proteins associated with Alzheimer’s Disease are formed.
- Colorectal cancer – The bacteria found in periodontal disease has recently been identified as a trigger for colorectal cancer.
- Preterm labor and low birth-weight babies – Pregnant women with periodontal disease carry a higher risk of preterm delivery or low-birth-weight infants.
Perio Protect can help reduce the existence of this harmful bacteria by up to 90 percent.
Perio Protect, Oral Hygiene, Fresh Breath, and Teeth Whitening
While gum health and protection against periodontal disease is the primary purpose of Perio Trays™, their use presents several other oral benefits.
Besides treating gum disease and improving oral health, regular treatment with Perio Protect can keep your breath fresh and brighten your teeth with prescription-strength whitening ingredients.
The antimicrobial medication used in your Perio Trays™ helps target the biofilm found around the teeth and tongue that cause gum disease and bad breath. With consistent use of Perio Protect Trays™, patients can experience a cleaner-feeling mouth and fresher breath.
Each patient will be provided detailed instructions on how long to wear their Perio Trays™ each day. For some patients, this may be multiple times a day.
The Perio Protect Method was created to treat gum infections non-surgically. It clears infection while conveniently reducing harmful, disease-causing oral bacteria.
Book an Appointment Today!
If you notice blood in the sink when you brush your teeth or have other reasons to believe you might have gum disease, call Dr. Fiss today. His Chicago dental practice offers a wide range of periodontal disease treatments.