Most of those bright Hollywood smiles you see on TV didn’t get that way without some help. The fastest and easiest way to improve the appearance of your teeth is with professional teeth whitening.
Consumer-brand whitening products fall short of producing significant results. If you are frustrated with these products or have recently begun thinking about addressing the stains on your teeth, you should consider professional teeth whitening.
Dr. Vlad Fedin offers highly effective in-office and at-home teeth whitening services in Chicago, Illinois.
Are You a Candidate for Professional Teeth Whitening?
Your eligibility for professional teeth whitening depends on the following:
- Your oral health should be in good condition, and any existing tooth decay, gum disease, or infection should be treated first.
- If you are considering professional teeth whitening as part of a complete smile makeover, it should be completed before receiving restorations like porcelain porcelain veneers, crowns, or bridges.
- You should also be willing to maintain a vigilant oral hygiene routine to protect your whitened teeth and closely follow teeth whitening aftercare instructions.
Because Dr. Fedin offers multiple professional teeth whitening options, one will surely meet your needs. Scheduling an initial visit for a teeth cleaning and exam is the best way to determine if teeth whitening is your best option.
Dr. Fedin recommends having your teeth cleaned before beginning at-home or in-office whitening treatment for the best results.
Schedule your dental cleaning and exam by calling our Chicago, Illinois, dental office at (312) 642-6631.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening offers many benefits for patients with discolored teeth, some of which include:
- Whiter teeth that look healthy and attractive
- An attractive smile that can boost your confidence
- Significant, noticeable results
Whitening your teeth is often the first step in a smile makeover, and color-matching restorations after your teeth have been cleaned and whitened offers a uniformly brighter smile.
It’s difficult to appreciate how much the simple process of professional teeth whitening can improve your smile and self-esteem.
What Are My Professional Teeth Whitening Options?
You have two options to consider when receiving teeth whitening with Dr. Fedin. These options include:
At-Home Whitening Trays
This teeth bleaching option involves using a professional-strength teeth whitener with custom-made dental trays. Dr. Fedin makes an impression of your teeth for the lab to create custom trays that fit comfortably and deliver the whitening solution evenly to your teeth.
In-Office Teeth Whitening Options
Dr. Fedin offers teeth whitening with Zoom! This chairside treatment can lighten teeth up to 10 shades and is typically completed in about an hour.
In addition, he also offers in-office teeth whitening using the BIOLASE laser system. This device employs a diode laser (following a professional cleaning and application of a laser whitening gel) and can whiten teeth in as little as 30 minutes!
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
When whitening with our at-home treatment, all you have to do is add a little bleaching solution to the tray and wear them daily for one hour. For ideal results, wear the trays for seven to 10 days and then once every other week or month for maintenance, depending on your needs.
If you want faster results, ask Dr. Fedin if wearing the trays overnight is okay for you, and if he agrees, you will receive further instructions. This method is not suitable for everyone and can cause sensitivity in some.
Your in-office whitening treatment will vary depending on whether you are undergoing Zoom! or BIOLASE. Both of these treatments are simple and relatively painless.
Professional Teeth Whitening and Porcelain Veneers
Zoom! or BIOLASE teeth whitening treatments are recommended before receiving porcelain veneers and other dental prosthetics.
For a more dramatic smile transformation, professional teeth whitening can be combined with porcelain veneers if you have one or more teeth with chips, other structural issues, or whitening-resistant dental stains.
For deep intrinsic discoloration, porcelain veneers are a better choice than teeth whitening as these stains are difficult to treat with at-home or in-office treatment.
What Is Recovery Like After Receiving Porcelain Veneers?
While there is no downtime associated with professional teeth whitening, the following tips can help prevent tooth sensitivity and ensure your results last:
- To prevent sensitivity, avoid consuming hot or cold food and beverages for a few days after whitening your teeth.
- Use toothpaste made specifically for sensitive teeth.
- Don’t consume acidic or highly pigmented foods and beverages, like dark fruit, tea, coffee, red wine, etc.
What Results Can I Expect After Professional Teeth Whitening?
You can stop covering your teeth and start smiling, laughing, and speaking with confidence.
If you receive in-office treatment, Dr. Fedin can provide the custom take-home trays, bleaching solution, and instructions to help you maintain your results. Continue a proper oral hygiene routine to protect your new bright smile.
Your Chicago, IL, Professional Teeth Whitening Provider
Choosing Dr. Fedin for your Chicago teeth whitening treatment or as your regular cosmetic dentist means you will be treated like one of the family. He listens carefully to all your dental concerns and recommends the best treatment to meet your needs.
To schedule your visit or learn more about professional teeth whitening in Chicago, Illinois, call our team at (312) 642-6631.
ZOOM! WHITENING AND 4 PORCELAIN VENEERS
Patient presents with multiple cosmetic concerns
Pictures 1-4 demonstrate:
1. Lack of symmetry and tooth position on the 4 front teeth.
2. All 4 front teeth are a different color. The dark gray tooth previously had root canal treatment.
3. Moderate to severe stain and build up from poor home care.
4. Chipped and worn teeth from grinding.
Pictures 5-8 demonstrate treatment provided:
1. After a thorough cleaning and enamel reshaping, Zoom! whitening was performed.
2. Porcelain veneers were then placed on the patient’s 4 front teeth correcting the shape, size, position, midline, symmetry, and most of all color, creating an incredible natural result. As with all cases, completed appliances were fabricated to prevent grinding.
Zoom & 16 Porcelain (EMAX) Restoration
(1) Pictures 1-3: Patient presented with spacing or diastema between her 2 front teeth, a narrow arch (lacked a broad smile), and crowded and misshapen lower anterior teeth. She wanted a whiter, broader, and natural-looking smile.
(2) Pictures 4-6: The patients teeth were cleaned and Zoom! whitened.16 EMAX porcelain restorations were placed were placed-closing the diastema, balancing the size and shape of all teeth and creating symmetry. Her smile was broadened, lining up the upper and lower midlines. The final result is extremely natural “looking like she was born with those teeth.”
FOUR VENEERS & ZOOM! WHITENING
Pictures 1-3: The patient presented with a severely worn, stained, and somewhat crooked smile. In addition he also had an “OPEN BITE.” An open bite occurs when there is a space or gap between the upper and lower front teeth when closed.
Pictures 4-6: After a thorough cleaning was performed the patients’ lower front teeth were reshaped, giving a smooth, less-crowded appearance. Zoom! whitening was performed, bringing the shade up at least 5 shades. Four veneers were placed on the top front teeth, blending not only color, shape, and contour, but closing the “OPEN BITE” to create a youthful natural result.
Cosmetic Makeover: Veneers & Zoom Whitening
Photos 1-3: Patient presented with undersized 4 front teeth. The teeth had varied colors and the gums were swollen. Her teeth were thoroughly cleaned and an intense home care regimen was instituted.
Photo 4: The gum heights across these teeth are uneven, making the teeth adjacent to the 2 front teeth look like baby teeth. To correct that the gum tissue on these teeth, they were trimmed, creating a more even line from left to right .
Photos 5-7: Once the tissue healed, the patient’s teeth were Zoom! whitened. Her uneven lower teeth were reshaped to create smooth straight appearance. To finalize the cosmetic makeover, 4 veneers were placed on the front teeth, creating an amazing result.
Veneers Along With Zoom! Whitening
Pictures 1 and 2: Patient presented with existing veneers on her 4 front teeth. The pictures demonstrate that each tooth was a different color, size, and shape. The existing shape was very triangular and her teeth were flared out. The cuspids or eye teeth adjacent to the existing veneers were small and undersized, creating an imbalance.
Pictures 3 and 4 : After a cleaning and Zoom! whitening, I created a treatment plan to change the existing veneers and add veneers on the eye teeth as well. 6 veneers were placed, changing the shape of the patients teeth to rectangular. In doing so, the color, size, and symmetry were corrected. I also eliminated the flaring or protrusion that existed, creating a beautiful natural result.