Dr. Benjamin S. Fiss – Teeth Whitening
Bleaching or tooth whitening is a simple procedure, which can be performed with your dentist’s help, to provide a whiter smile. Avoidance of tooth whitening products sold over the counter is wise, for many of these do not work or can be harmful to your teeth and gums.
There are two forms of bleaching available:
- The Tray Method: Dr. Fiss will take impressions of your mouth, from which carefully molded trays are formed. These trays are thin, light and comfortable to wear. The patient adds a small amount of liquid to the tray and proceeds to wear them for just one hour per day. To achieve the optimal result, Dr. Fiss recommends you consistently wear them for 7-10 days. The trays are kept and can be used again for touch-ups. The cost of the tray is $400.00, however, Dr. Fiss is offering a special price of $210.00.
- Zoom: Dr. Fiss now offers ZOOM in his office to compliment our bleaching services.
What is Zoom?
ZOOM! is a radical chair side teeth whitening system that uses a full-mouth bleaching light combined with a revolutionary 25% Hydrogen Peroxide light activated gel to lighten teeth 6-10 shades in about an hour. The cost for this procedure is usually $600.00 which also includes the trays mentioned above. Dr. Fiss is offering a special for Zoom and trays for only $375.00.
The ZOOM! Technology
ZOOM! is the culmination of extensive research into light technology, chemical reaction to light and years of traditional tooth whitening experience. Combining this proprietary light technology (specially designed for tooth whitening) with a specifically formulated hydrogen peroxide gel in a two part delivery system results in a tooth whitening system that significantly reduces the time it takes to achieve dramatically whiter teeth.
Why ZOOM! over Competitors?
ZOOM! was developed by the leader and pioneer in whitening products for professional use, Discus Dental. We believe ZOOM! is the best, most complete tooth whitening system available today.
The proprietary light technology and light activated gel were scientifically designed to work together for faster in-office whitening. Low sensitivity is an important aspect of the ZOOM! procedure.
General Facts about Bleaching:
- All bleaching systems whiten your teeth, but when bleaching is completed, the color will fade about half a shade. Using the tray method in conjunction with ZOOM helps to maintain, stabilize and advance the desired result.
- Bleaching can only be performed on clean, healthy teeth and healthy gums.
- Bleaching will not whiten existing fillings and crowns. Existing work may need to be changed so as to achieve consistent color.
- Bleaching only works on enamel. Teeth which have thin enamel due to chemical or physical abrasion will whiten poorly.
- Sensitive teeth are the most commonly reported side effect.
If you’re interested in this procedure, please contact us to book an appointment. We are also happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
FOUR VENEERS & ZOOM WHITENING
Pictures #1-3 The patient presented with a severely worn , stained and somewhat crooked smile. In addition he also had an “OPEN BITE “. An open bite occurs when there is a space or gap between the upper and lower front teeth when closed.
Pictures # 4-6 After a thorough cleaning was performed the patients’ lower front teeth were reshaped ….giving a smooth less crowded appearance. Zoom whitening was performed bringing the shade up at least 5 shades. Four veneers were placed on the top front teeth ….blending not only color, shape and contour but closing the “OPEN BITE” creating a youthful natural result.
Cosmetic Makeover: Veneers & Zoom Whitening
Photos 1-3: Patient presented with undersized 4 front teeth. The teeth had varied colors and the gums were swollen.Her teeth were thoroughly cleaned…intense home care regimen was instituted.
Photos 4: The gum heights across these teeth are uneven making the teeth adjacent to the 2 front teeth look like baby teeth. To correct that the gum tissue on these teeth they were trimmed creating a more even line left to right .
Photos 5-7: Once the tissue healed the patients teeth were zoom whitened. Her uneven lower teeth were reshaped to create smooth straight appearance. To finalize the cosmetic makeover 4 veneers were placed on the front teeth- creating an amazing lifelike sparkly result.